Two Year Old With Water Bead Ingestion.
Foreign body ingestion is a common pediatric complaint. Two case reports describe intestinal obstruction in children from an ingestion of a single superabsorbent water ball, requiring surgical removal. We describe nonsurgical management of an asymptomatic child who ingested approximately 100 superabsorbent water beads.Because of the risk for subsequent intestinal obstruction, the patient was admitted for whole bowel irrigation. This case report is the first describing use of whole bowel irrigation in the management of an asymptomatic patient with multiple water beads ingestion.
Pediatric emergency care
Child, Preschool; Eating; Female; Foreign Bodies; Humans; Intestinal Obstruction; Magnetics; Therapeutic Irrigation
Swallowed Objects; Children
Jackson, Jami; Randell, Kimberly A; and Knapp, Jane F., "Two Year Old With Water Bead Ingestion." (2015). Manuscripts, Articles, Book Chapters and Other Papers. 232.