Download Full Text (632 KB)
- To maintain the ED team's high rate of accuracy in data collection
- To begin team participation in corrective action planning
- To improve interdepartmental problem solving
Open communication about errors among all collaborating departments, combing with a shared approach to solving them:
- improved morale and perception of error tracking by the team
- led to a decrease in errors overall, and
- increased interdepartmental collaboration
When all members of the interdepartmental team work together with a positive approach to corrective action, improvement in error rates is a natural outcome of the solutions derived.
Interdepartmental Relations; Data Collection; Emergency Service, Hospital; Quality Improvement
Clinical Epidemiology | Emergency Medicine | Infectious Disease | Pathology | Pediatrics
Williams, Charlott; Behr, Kelli L.; Moffatt, Mary; and Selvarangan, Rangaraj, "Assessment and Improvement of Data Collection Errors Through Inter-departmental Collaboration" (2019). Posters. 143.