We are pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the 2023 CMKC GME Research Days presented May 8-12, 2023. All compelling scientific research and quality improvement projects generated by Residents and Fellows (postdoctoral and medical) will be considered for presentation in one of two formats – poster or oral presentation. It should be noted that GME has the expectation that all trainees who have received financial support for a project from Children’s Mercy will participate in Research Days. Medical Student, Ph.D., and other trainees (masters and undergraduate) research projects supported and performed solely at CMKC will be considered for poster presentations for 2023.
Abstracts must be submitted using the electronic template appropriate for the project (research vs QI (Quality Improvement)).
- · Research abstracts should include background, a working hypothesis, data with analysis, and results prior to presentation at Research Days.
- · QI abstracts should include a problem statement, aim statement, description of PDSA (Plan Do Study Act) cycles, and results prior to presentation at Research Days.
- · Case reports should be submitted using the research template. Case reports will be accepted for presentation in poster format at the discretion of the Research Days Committee.
- 1. Utilize the appropriate template for abstract submission (research vs QI).
- 2. Please list only one faculty member in the Primary Mentor field. Additional faculty members may be recognized on the last slide of your presentation or as acknowledgements on your poster.
- 3. Abstracts are limited to 2600 characters including spaces and title.